Swiss Chard Wrapped Salmon with Oranges and Chipotle Salsa features sweet and spicy salsa and complements the salmon perfectly, as well as poultry that can be served as an appetizer with pita chips. The smoky chipotle and heat level of Mrs. Wages Chipotle & Garlic Salsa seasoning is a unique flavor to contrast the oranges.
zest of 1 large navel orange
2 large navel oranges
1 pkg. of Mrs. Wages Chipotle & Garlic Salsa
2 tsp. of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
4 – 4 oz Boneless, Skinless Salmon Fillets
4 – Large Swiss Chard Leaves, trimmed
- Zest one of the oranges into a medium size bowl.
- Quarter the two oranges, slice the peel off of the segments and coarsely chop the oranges. Place in the bowl.
- Add one package of Mrs. Wages Chipotle & Garlic Salsa Mix.
- Combine well and let stand 15 – 20 minutes.
While the salsa is resting:
- Preheat Oven to 425°F
- Grease the bottom of a baking dish with 1 tsp. oil; set aside.
- Brush salmon all over with remaining teaspoon of oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Using a fork, mash the rib of each chard leaf to make it more pliable.
- Arrange each salmon fillet on one of the chard leaves and spoon a generous helping of the salsa over each.
- Wrap salmon and salsa in the chard leaves, folding in the leaf ends to make 4 packages.
- Arrange in baking dish, seam-sides down. Bake about 15 minutes and serve.
Comments are now closed.