Here’s a baked version of the popular stuffed pepper usually served breaded and fried. It features Mrs. Wages Jalapeno Salsa mixed with corn, chicken and pepper jack cheese and then stuff the mixture into the milder pablano pepper.
1 pound, ground chicken meat
1 pound (fresh/frozen) corn
1/2 cup, diced red pepper (small)
1/2 cup, diced yellow onion (small)
1 lb, grated pepper jack cheese
6 (each) Pablano peppers
1 pkg, Mrs. Wages Classic Jalapeno Salsa Mix
4 ounces, Vegetable oil
Salt (to taste)
Pepper black (to taste)
- In to separate pans pour the 2 ounces of oil in each and bring up to high heat.
- Sear the chicken meat in one pan until golden brown and cooked through.
- At the same time sear the corn, red peppers and onion until starting to brown.
- Combine the two pans together into a large bowl then add ¾ the pepper jack cheese and blend together.
- Set aside to cool.
- Blister then peel and deseed the pablano peppers with a small slit in the side.
- Stuff the peppers with the cooled filling and lay onto an oven safe tray.
- Top each with a pinch of the remaining pepper jack cheese bake in a preheated 400-degree oven until hot through and cheese starts to brown.
- Serve with an enchilada sauce.
Yield: 6-8 peppers depending on size.
Comments are now closed.