This recipe works well with many fruits and berries. A great tip is to dust the fruits with two tablespoons of the dry ingredients before folding in at the end…
Preheat oven to 350
Dice 1 1/2 cups of rhubarb
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
2 eggs (beaten)
1 1/2 cups milk
6 tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup melted butter
1 cup flour
1 cup oats
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
(Combine all in separate bowl. Top muffin batter. Freeze extra.)
- Combine dry ingredients in large bowl, whisk to sift together.
- In separate bowl, combine wet ingredients. Whisk to combine.
- Dust 1 1/2 cups of diced rhubarb with 2 tablespoons of dry ingredients.
- Make a well in middle of dry ingredients. Pour wet ingredients into the well.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold the ingredients together, just until starts to incorporate. Do not over mix.
- Sprinkle rhubarb or fruit over the top and continue to fold until flour is incorporated. Mixture will still be lumpy.
- Let rest 5 minutes. Then scoop into paper-lined muffin cups to 2/3 full.
- Top with crumb topping or cinnamon sugar.
Bake 350 for 15 minutes.