Here’s a delicious blend of sweet and salty.
1 package, fully prepared Mrs. Wages Classic or Jalapeño Salsa
4 8” flour tortillas
3 Tbs. butter, melted
2 8 oz packages cream cheese, softened
1 Cup finely shredded cheddar cheese (4 oz)
¼ cup milk
2 eggs, slightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Spread tortillas on a baking sheet. Bake for 12-14 minutes or until golden brown; cool.
- Break-up tortillas and transfer them to a food processor; cover and process until finely ground.
- Measure 1 cup crumbs; discard remaining crumbs
- In a small bowl, combine the tortilla crumbs and melted butter. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom of a greased 9” springform pan; set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, cheddar cheese and milk.
- Beat with and electric mixer until well combined.
- Stir in eggs just until combined.
- Carefully spoon over crust in pan; spreading evenly.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until center is just set.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes; loosen sides of pan.
- Cool 30 minutes more; remove sides of pan.
- Cool completely.
- Cover and chill cheesecake for at least 4 hours.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour.
- Place cheesecake on platter.
- Using a slotted spoon, spoon prepared Mrs. Wages salsa on top of cheesecake.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Comments are now closed.